Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Hawaii Half in three weeks

So more than a year has gone by since my last post. Since that time, we have added another addition to our family. Nohealani was born in February, and I started training about a month after her birth. Have I lost all the weight I gained? Nooooo. But let's not go there. Well, actually, can I just say TV folks are sooo not in touch with reality? They were making a big deal of Tori Spelling gaining 40 pounds over her pregnancy. Big deal. Forty pounds is nothing to cry about. I read that Elizabeth Hurley gained 53 pounds, and Jenny McCarthy gained 60 pounds. I myself gained the nice round number of 47 pounds. So I have between 10-15 more pounds to go. But I'm not sweating it. It will disperse somehow or another.

I've been training about one hour a day, and between three and four hours on Saturdays. My days off are Sundays. I am following a plan in a book my husband bought me and it is supposed to get me ready for a half-Ironman in 13 weeks. My doctor is also a triathlete, and he gave me the okay to start training a month after my little girl's birth. He's a pretty cool guy and I see him at races on occasion.

No comments: