Monday, October 08, 2007

Losing the Lbs

This weekend we had guests, and therefore, we felt it our duty to entertain. I think we went overboard with the food. It was no surprise to jump on the scale today and see that I'd gained five pounds. Ugh.

So I'm back on track. I threw out all the cake we had in the house, I have some low-calorie meals planned for the next week, and I've returned to the gym. Whenever I'm lacking in motivation, I seek a workout at the gym. At the theater cardio room, they were playing chick flicks. The girl on the treadmill next to me said, "Yes! This is my day." I said, "Me too!" I stayed on the elliptical for 50 minutes, just enough time to get into Music and Lyrics with Drew Barrymore and Hugh Grant. Now I want to rent the movie to finish it. My back was bothering me today, so I thought I'd try the elliptical. It said I burned more than 700 calories for the 50 minutes I was on it. I have a hard time believing I burned that many calories, because my heart rate stayed in the low 150s, and when I run for that long, the treadmill says I only burn about 500 calories. But the nice thing about the elliptical, I must admit, is that my back feels no pain.

I also have a goal to do the Telos Turkey Tri in less than a month. It's a fairly easy triathlon that takes place at the Orem Recreation Center. So starting today, here is my log:

Me by the numbers (Day 1):
Weight: 155
Workout: 50 minutes on elliptical
Daily calorie consumption:
Breakfast: cereal & milk
Lunch: McDonald's Asian Salad with balsamic vinegerette & Lissy's half cheeseburger
Snack:
Dinner: Roasted chicken, baked potatoes, vegetables
Snack:

3 comments:

MarySquare said...

C-ster, I'm glad you are back to posting on here. I need some motivation too-- I actually bought all of the Weight Watchers books on eBay. I've gained 8 pounds since June and I've turned into a log! I've been training for and ran a 10K on Saturday (a really fun one that was pumpkin themed so most of the after race treats had pumpkin in it, pumpkin pie, pumpkin rolls!), but it was like it took all of the guts out of me because I haven't gone running since. I hope to get back out there today. It's like, I hit my goal and I've turned into a couch potato again. And the weather is turning cool and that is really turning me off. I just need to get out there!

Anonymous said...

You inspire me Cindy! I was looking at Devin's new blog and saw this and thought I'd take a look. (I'm Devin's sister in case you weren't sure) I decided about a month ago, but more offically about two weeks ago, that I'm going to do a tri. So now I'm learning how to swim for the first time in my life. Yikes!

C.C. Fisher said...

Thanks for reading, Stephanie and Mary. It's keeping me honest and motivated.