Saturday, October 20, 2007

Finding the Time

My motivation has still been pretty bad, but I managed to muscle out four workouts this week. My goal is five a week, so four is pretty close. Here's a tip for mothers: If you need motivation, get your kids involved. If I don't workout in the morning, come the nigthttime wind down, it's very hard for me to workout. So I got my daughter Lilia to push me. I told her, "Lilia, make sure I workout tonight." So sure enough, Lilia got her shoes on, and said, "Mom, let's go workout." I couldn't turn her down. So I took all three girls downstairs, turned up my Beatles 1 CD almost as loud as it would go, and we all ran. I ran on the treadmill and they ran around the basement. Nohea didn't start crying until 27 minutes into my workout. I would have liked to have ran for 40 minutes, but I cut it to 30 minutes. But during these cold, unmotivated winter months, something is better than nothing.

My food intake has been good and bad. Last night we went to my sister-in-law Susan's house, and she had a cookie decorating table with cupcakes. Cupcakes are my weakness. I ate three. Earlier that day, the scale said I'd lost two pounds, but I'm sure the nice Italian dinner, cookies, and cupcakes probably brought my pound lossage back up. So it goes. But exercise still makes me feel better, emotionally, physically, and spiritually.

I think I won't be doing the Telos Tri, due to the kids. The Telos Tri also has a Turkey Trot, a family friendly 5K. Lilia said she'd like to do another race, so I think I'll just stay back with the girls and do the 5K run. Plus, in the off season, my focus is more just on running. We're doing St. George's Painter's half marathon in January. That's a good race to keep you motivated through the cold months. And then after that, it's time to gear up for the Vikingman in June. Ah yeah.

4 comments:

MarySquare said...

C - after not running for 10 days, I got back on the treadmill and ran three miles this morning. I have to work out in the morning or it doesn't get done at all. I'm also going to sign up for a 5K for Dec 1 -- that will give me a goal. Also, I want to buy a new dress for Wayne's wedding, so that has me motivated as well. Keep it up!

MarySquare said...

Cin-you need to update your blog! Maybe we should start one together where we can track our progress. I started Weight Watchers last week and my testimony of the program has been renewed. I lost 3.5 pounds the first week, I'm sure it will slow down in the next weeks but dang that WW--love it! I bought the program books off of eBay and I track everything in a journal. So far, so good.

C.C. Fisher said...

Mary--let's do it! Contact me about getting it started. Should we be daring enough to post our weights online? Drop me an e-mail and we'll discuss.

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.