Friday, June 22, 2007

My mechanic, my lover

Let's get something out in the open right now: I love my husband. Not only does he bring home the bacon, he also wields a mighty bike wrench. I was at a wedding recently and the officiator gave the following advice to the couple: "Bring her a treat every now and again to show her you're thinking about her, but don't do it too often that she comes to expect it." I have probably come to expect that if my bike is not working properly, Kulani will have it fixed by my Saturday morning rides. My Lemond wasn't riding as comfortably as I wanted it to recently, so he ordered a new stem that's less than in inch shorter than my old stem, but it has made all the difference in riding comfortably. I don't tell him often enough how much I appreciate his help in keeping my bikes in tip-top shape. So baby, thank you. And also, my shifter thing seems to be stiff again. Could you do something about that? Thanks again. 'Preciatch ya!

No comments: